Sunday, January 2, 2011

Remembering "The Agitator"

I was recently reminded of a great article Ryan Lizza wrote back in 2007 about Obama the community organizer. It was aptly titled The Agitator.

I read this article early on during the primaries when I first started to notice Obama. I found it fascinating and it was reading things like this that led me to support him.

Here's a great quote in it from Michelle Obama:

...after he was elected to the U.S. Senate, his wife, Michelle, told a reporter, "Barack is not a politician first and foremost. He's a community activist exploring the viability of politics to make change." Recalling her remark in 2005, Obama wrote, "I take that observation as a compliment."


This is who he is and who he's always been. He affirmed that during the primaries in his great "Yes We Can" speech in New Hampshire.

We know the battle ahead will be long, but always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in our way, nothing can withstand the power of millions of voices calling for change.


If you haven't read Lizza's article, I highly recommend it. Its those millions of voices organized for change that will make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Israel owes Obama a huge debt of gratitude

While we don't know the outcome of Iran's attack on Israel yet, it appears as though the worst has been avoided. According to report...