Monday, April 25, 2011

Guantanamo and Wikileaks

We're likely to be hearing a lot over the next few days about the supposedly new information on Guantanamo prisoners that has been leaked to news sources - presumably from Wikileaks.

But I'd like to remind everyone that most of this information was available last May when Obama's Guantanamo Review Task Force released its report. I recall that almost no one (including the shouters on the left) paid much attention to the report. But I guess the subterfuge of a leaked report somehow makes all of this a big story today.

1 comment:

  1. It will now get a lot of traction, somewhat like the recent 'open mike' comment about the Republicans thinking people are stupid. I don't usually like technology (because I feel it doesn't like me[;)]), but I confess I'm glad that there is almost always a record of happenings nowadays. It makes it easier to highlight the lies; even if sometimes politicians can still wiggle around them in the eyes of their base, the truth might cause an independent or two to pause.

    ReplyDelete

Did Zelenskyy play a role in Speaker Johnson's about-face on aid for Ukraine?

Since I wrote about the role white evangelical Christians played in influencing Speaker Johnson to support U.S. aid to Ukraine, I found a p...