Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's a good thing nobody's paying me for this

Since there's no paycheck involved in this blogging thing for me, I can do what I want when I want...which is cool. And to be real honest with you, my head isn't in the political game today.

Fair warning...I leave to go on vacation Saturday. All I can do lately is think about sipping margaritas while enjoying views like the one in the picture up above. That's where I'm headed for a week.

So tomorrow is my last day of work, Friday is prep day and Saturday is travel day.

I'll likely be blogging throughout. But I suspect it might be lighter fare from a different perspective. We'll see.

I'm going to a resort I've stayed at many times. I remember one year I was enjoying my peace and quiet out by the pool staring at the waves when some young people arrived. They had their boom box going and it pissed me off. And then this song came on. Every time I hear it now I'm transported in my mind back to that gorgeous place. In a couple of days, I'll be there in body as well as spirit!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, just gorgeous. I will try not to be envious.

    Have fun, and hurry back. You are becoming a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking on behalf of all your fans, I'm sure we'd be curious to read whatever you might feel like blogging about for a change of pace on vacation. Politics will still be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your vacation. Loved the music and beautiful images from the video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SP
    What a lovely choice of music today! You have caused me to just have to go buy stuff before so I may put this one on the list.

    Go away with joy!!! Love every minute regardless of the weather. Will be waiting for your return.
    Take care of YOU!
    Smilingl8dy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mo'nin', Ms. Pants

    EXcellent news!! And, GREAT Santana cut (he can really play a ballad).

    Safe travels to you, DON'T BURN :-), and take this well deserved time off to really relax and refresh.

    ReplyDelete

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...