Friday, August 31, 2012

This is how you change the world

Yeah, I'm feeling a little proud about something. So I'm going to tell you about it.

One of the young men I work with spends his days from 7 am - 3 pm working in a middle school with students who are chronically suspended for behavior problems. And here's what he does with the rest of his day.


Every year our local NBC affiliate picks 11 volunteers in the Twin Cities Metro Area to honor for their commitment to the community. Carlos was one of those 11 this year.

Its because of people like Carlos that I have so little patience for those who sit on the sidelines and complain about all that is wrong in the world. Carlos doesn't have time for complaining. He's too busy working his ass off making things better in his little corner of the planet.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this hope filled story. Thank you for all you do in assisting Carlos and I'm sure, many others, to 'Be the Change'. You are my first stop for my daily dose of pragmatic change. No Chicken Little here.

    ReplyDelete

Israel owes Obama a huge debt of gratitude

While we don't know the outcome of Iran's attack on Israel yet, it appears as though the worst has been avoided. According to report...