Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Two Men I Admire Most...In Conversation (updated)

As soon as I saw this, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven ;-)

Barack Obama and David Simon talked about The Wire and our failed war on drugs.


I also have to note that, in the midst of this conversation, President Obama points out something that I wrote about a few weeks ago: the fact that one of the reasons why the Labor Force Participation Rate (LFPR) remains low is that our over-incarceration during the war on drugs has produced a record number of Americans with felony records (mostly brown and black men).

UPDATE: Question: Why would President Obama do this interview now? He's laying the groundwork and setting the stage. Somethin's up.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Watching people have a reasoned conversation rather than yelling talking points is jaw-dropping, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...we are starved for this kind of conversation and insight ...i hope the President has more...

      Delete
    2. Yes we are. Why it's such a big deal when it happens.

      Delete
  2. Right near the end, Mr. Obama says "in twenty years . . . .". Playing the long game yet again. What a guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's laying the groundwork and setting the stage. Somethin's up.

    I really hope you're right about this.

    ReplyDelete

"I'd much rather be us than them"

According to the polling aggregate at The Economist, if the 2024 presidential election were held today, it would result in a tie. There'...